|Super Bomberman 2|
|Rating(s):|| ESRB: Everyone|
|Mode(s):||Single Player, Multiplayer|
| Japan: April 28, 1994|
North America: December 12, 1994
|v • e • d|
Five alien cyborgs, calling themselves the 5 Dastardly Bombers, arrive on planet Earth seeking the original Bomberman. Bomberman attempts to fight them off, but is taken captive on their space ship. He awakens in a prison cell in Magnet Bomber's base and must battle his way to freedom.
The player must use bombs to defeat all the enemies and destroy all of the Capsules in the stage. This will open the exit, which the player can enter in order to advance to the next stage. There are eight areas in each world, six areas are normal areas and the final two are boss areas.
- Stage 1: Castle Stage
- Stage 2: Flame Stage
- Stage 3: Amusement Park Stage
- Stage 4: Factory Stage
- Stage 5: Dark Stage
Battle GameEditThe Battle Game supports up to four players. Players can battle Bomb-Up, the Speed-Up, the Power Glove, the Kick, the Heart, and the Geta. The winner will return as a Golden Bomberman for the next match.
- Stage 1: Usual
- Stage 2: Slippery Tunnel
- Stage 3: Oshikura Manjuu
- Stage 4: Oil Shock
- Stage 5: Secret Flower Zone
- Stage 6: Chocolate Warp Stage
- Stage 7: B-1 Circuit
- Stage 8: Conveyor Belt II
- Stage 9: Curve Bomb!
- Stage 10: Matango Jump
- Stage 11: Gin Gin Deathmatch
- Stage 12: Boyoyon Jump II
PasswordsEditSuper Bomberman 2 has several passwords that allow players to access the first stage of each world. When a power password is used the player begins the first stage of that world with 6 bombs, a blast-radius of 6, a speed of 3, the Power Glove, and the Remote Control.
Passwords: Power Passwords:
Stage 1-1 - 4361 Stage 1-1 - 1111
Stage 2-1 - 6442 Stage 2-1 - 5462
Stage 3-1 - 3903 Stage 3-1 - 6763
Stage 4-1 - 9564 Stage 4-1 - 8784
Stage 5-1 - 7735 Stage 5-1 - 6925
Sudden Death - 5656
This password is for the Battle Game. It causes the hard blocks that fall as the time is running out to keep falling until they fill up the entire stage, killing all the players. Using this Game Genie code will achieve the same effect: DD2F8F6F
- By pressing the Select button at the player selection screen, up to fifteen different color sets can be chosen for the player's Bomberman. This also affects the player's bomb and bomb explosion colors.
- Pressing "X" repeatedly at the title screen until the pause jingle is heard will unlock 2 additional stages for the Battle Game. However, they become locked again when the power is turned off. They will stay unlocked if the following Game Genie code is left on: DF4CED7D
- To enable jumping in all the Battle Game stages, press the "A" button on 5th controller during one of the configuration screens. This is the Game Genie equivalent of having done so: DD1E5F6F
- This is the only game in the standard Super Bomberman series to not allow 2 player co-op in the Normal Game.
- In addition to using bomb explosions, the player can use the Power Glove item to damage enemies and bosses with thrown bombs.
- The full map theme isn't heard in the game.
- The sound effect for picking up the Kick item is actually someone saying the word "kick".
- ↑ Super Bomberman 2 U.S. manual, pg. 3
- ↑ Super Bomberman 2 U.S. manual, pg. 9
- ↑ Super Bomberman 2 Hudson Official Guidebook, pg. 113
- ↑ Super Bomberman 2 Hudson Official Guidebook, pg. 111
- ↑ Super Bomberman 2 Hudson Official Guidebook, pg. 112
|Main||Bomberman • II • TG-16 • Arcade • '93 • Mega/'94 • Super Bomberman (2 • 3 • 4 • 5) • Saturn Bomberman (Fight!!) • Wars • 64 • Hero • 64: The Second Attack • 64 (2001) • World (Arcade) • Party Edition • Atomic • Neo • Generation • Jetters • Act Zero • Live • Blast • Ultra • Live: Battlefest|
|Portables||GB 2 • GB 3 • PSP • Bomberman DS / 2 • Blitz|
|Other||Online||Online (Dreamcast) • Online (PC) • Online Japan|
|RPG||Quest • Tournament • Story DS|
|Max||Max • Max 2|
|Land||Land • Land 2 • Land 3 • Touch! • Touch! 2 • Land (Wii) • Land (PSP)|
|Mobile||Touch: The Legend of Mystic Bomb • Touch 2: Volcano Party • Dojo|
|Collections||Collection (GB) • Collection (PC) • Collection Vol. 2 • Hudson Best Vol. 1|
|Spin-Offs||Pocket • Robo Warrior • Blaster Master Boy • Wario Blast • Panic Bomber • Hardball • Fantasy Race • Kart • Kart DX • Atomic Punk • B-Daman • DreamMix TV World Fighters|
|Cancelled||Virtual Bomberman • 3DS|