|Publisher:|| Hudson Soft|
|Platform(s):||Super NES, Mobile Phone|
|Mode(s):||Single Player, Multiplayer|
Japan: April 28, 1993
|v • e • d|
Super Bomberman (スーパーボンバーマン, Sūpābonbāman, in Japan) is an action game for the SNES and was released on May 10, 1993, in North America. It's one of the first four player games to ever be produced for the SNES and is also the first game in the Super Bomberman series.
As taken from the English Manual:
"Far to the north of BomberMan's hometown, Peace Town, lies the modern metropolis Diamond City. There, the evil Carat Diamond and his cohort, scientist Dr. Mook, are holding a Robot Tournament with robots specially designed for their combat and offensive capabilities. Hoping to steal BomberMan's advanced combat capabilities, Diamond has created a fake BomberMan to go to Peace Town and kidnap the real BomberMan. Aware of Diamond's plot, Black BomberMan heads out alone to face the fake BomberMan. But Black BomberMan is defeated and his castle is taken. Somehow Black BomberMan escapes and seeks refuge with White BomberMan, and warns him of Diamond's evil plan. Soon, wave upon wave of enemy robots begin their advance toward Peace Town. Now our two heroes must join forces to overthrow the evil Diamond !!."
The gameplay is a traditional style for Bomberman veterans. The game is played on a grid-like area and the player must set bombs to destroy the enemies on the map. When all the enemies are defeated, the player must find the exit (if they haven't already) which is hidden under a soft block. If the player's bomb explosion hits the exit at any point, more monsters will appear so they must use caution around the exit.
After clearing seven stages, the player will face a boss before proceeding to the next area.
- Stage 1: Peace Town
- Stage 2: Robot Amusement Park
- Stage 3: Dr. Mook's Robot Remodeling Factory
- Stage 4: Robot Tournament Qualifier Dome
- Stage 5: Robot Tournament Grounds
- Stage 6: Diamond Tower
Up to four players can compete in the Battle Game.
- Stage 1: Normal Zone
- Stage 2: Western Zone
- Stage 3: Bomb Zone
- Stage 4: Jump Zone
- Stage 5: Belt Zone
- Stage 6: Tunnel Zone
- Stage 7: Duel Zone
- Stage 8: Flower Zone
- Stage 9: Light Zone
- Stage 10: Power Zone
- Stage 11: Warp Zone
- Stage 12: Speed Zone
There are a few secrets in the game:
- Mini Bomberman
- Password: 5656
- Effect: All players become tiny Bombermen. This has no impact on gameplay aside from the appearance of the characters.
- Normal Game Stock Up
- Access: Using the player 1 controller, press the X button during the opening cinema. This is only possible in the Japanese version because the intro was removed from subsequent versions.
- Effect: Players will be able to start the Normal Game from Area 1-1 with 9 lives, the maximum amount.
- Sound Test Mode
- Access: Using the Super Multitap, plug a controller into slot 5 and use it to press the R button on the title screen.
- Effect: Grants access to the Sound Test Mode. A list of all of the songs in the game can be navigated with the directional buttons, and each song can be selected and played back with the A button.
The soundtrack of this game is composed by Atsushi Chikuma. Most of the music within the game is remixed versions of songs from Bomberman(TG16/PCE). One example of this is the title theme.
- In Bomberman '93, Black Bomberman was a villain and was antagonistic to White Bomberman. This had been the case in several other games as well. This is the first game in which they teamed up, and they have worked together ever since.
- The Japanese Version features a few scenes from the story after waiting at the title screen. The English version just goes straight to the demo.
|Main||Bomberman • II • TG-16 • Arcade • '93 • Mega/'94 • Super Bomberman (2 • 3 • 4 • 5) • Saturn Bomberman (Fight!!) • Wars • 64 • Hero • 64: The Second Attack • 64 (2001) • World (Arcade) • Party Edition • Atomic • Neo • Generation • Jetters • Act Zero • Live • Blast • Ultra • Live: Battlefest|
|Portables||GB 2 • GB 3 • PSP • Bomberman DS / 2 • Blitz|
|Other||Online||Online (Dreamcast) • Online (PC) • Online Japan|
|RPG||Quest • Tournament • Story DS|
|Max||Max • Max 2|
|Land||Land • Land 2 • Land 3 • Touch! • Touch! 2 • Land (Wii) • Land (PSP)|
|Mobile||Touch: The Legend of Mystic Bomb • Touch 2: Volcano Party • Dojo|
|Collections||Collection (GB) • Collection (PC) • Collection Vol. 2 • Hudson Best Vol. 1|
|Spin-Offs||Pocket • Robo Warrior • Blaster Master Boy • Wario Blast • Panic Bomber • Hardball • Fantasy Race • Kart • Kart DX • Atomic Punk • B-Daman • DreamMix TV World Fighters|
|Cancelled||Virtual Bomberman • 3DS|