|Rating(s):|| ESRB: Everyone|
|Mode(s):||Single Player, Multiplayer (10 Players)|
| Japan: July 19, 1996|
Europe: January 1997
|v • e • d|
Saturn Bomberman is a video game for the Sega Saturn. It is the first Bomberman game to allow up to 10 players in Multiplayer...
As taken from the English manual:
"The Fuse Is Lit
It was just another seemingly routine day for Bomberman. While flying on patrol, looking for threats to the sanctity of peace that the world so enjoyed, Bomberman stumbled upon something that could potentially throw it all into shambles. Deep in the tangled underbrush of the rainforest, a glint caught Bomberman's keen eye. Rising from the green depths, the Crystal Tower loomed. But the crystals which held the horrible monster Crator inside the tower were missing, and so was Crator. Then a radio message crackled into the cockpit. It was Dr. I... "Bomberman, Mr. Meanie has unleashed Crator and is using his powers to conquer the world! You must get the crystals back before it's too late! The MeanieLand Amusement Park is their secret base. Please hurry!" It is up to Bomberman to regain control of the crystals and restore order to a crumbling planet, crushing the evil Mr. Meanie along the way. With that, a new chapter in the fight between good and bad begins..."
- Stage 1 - Amusement World
- Stage 2 - Samurai World
- Stage 3 - Western World
- Stage 4 - Dino World
- Stage 5 - Mr.Meanie's Future World
For the first time in any Bomberman game, up to ten players can compete in the Battle Game.
Matches can be determined in one of the following ways:
- Match Play - The stage and other settings are selected for each match.
- Series - Players can select a series of stages and battle settings, such as the number of rounds per match. The preset matches are then played in sequence. Up to 100 rounds can be played in Series mode.
The following game modes are available:
- Single - Individual players compete against each other.
- Tag - Players are split into teams.
The field size can also be determined:
- Normal - Allows for up to eight players. All stages are available.
- Wide - Allows for up to ten players. Only the Path to Glory stage is available.
- Shuffle - Players' starting positions are decided randomly in each round.
- No Draw - Enables Sudden Death mode.
- Devil - The Devil powerup will appear somewhere in the stage.
- Mad Bomber
- Bonus Game - Bomber Catcher
The game features playable characters from other Hudson Soft titles.
- Stage 1 - Path to Glory
- Stage 2 - Soccer Stadium
- Stage 3 - Jungle Trap
- Stage 4 - Desert Twister
- Stage 5 - Space Colony
- Stage 6 - Bouncing Bomber
- Stage 7 - Ninja House
- Stage 8 - Factory Floor
In this mode, one player must eliminate all enemies in each floor. There are 20 floors in total. The goal is to get a high score.
- 4th Floor - Bomber Bomjin
- 8th Floor - Debugon Bomber
- 12th Floor - Tankard Bomber
- 16th Floor - Miyagi Bomber
- 20th Floor - Dragon Bomber
This game introduces dinosaurs called Tirras that can be ridden. They offer special abilities.
The dinosaurs come in five different colors:
- Purple Dinosaur: This dinosaur emits ultrasonic waves to explode bombs and reveal the contents of soft (bombable) blocks. His ultrasonic waves grow as he grows bigger.
- Blue Dinosaur: This dinosaur can kick bombs over objects. His kicking ability grows as he grows bigger.
- Green Dinosaur: This dinosaur sprints down the line until stopped by an obstacle. As he gets bigger, he becomes faster and gains the ability to stop running and make turns while running.
- Yellow Dinosaur: This dinosaur can stop your opponents in their tracks with his roar. His roar range grows as he grows. His roar causes other players to drop powerups
- Pink Dinosaur: This dinosaur can jump over soft blocks. When grown, he can also jump over hard blocks, and jump further distances.
- ↑ EU manual, pg. 10, 12
- ↑ EU manual, pg. 36
- ↑ EU manual, pg. 38
- ↑ JP manual, pg. 24-25
- ↑ EU manual, pg. 58
- Saturn Bomberman European manual
- Saturn Bomberman Japanese manual
|Main||Bomberman • II • TG-16 • Arcade • '93 • Mega/'94 • Super Bomberman (2 • 3 • 4 • 5) • Saturn Bomberman (Fight!!) • Wars • 64 • Hero • 64: The Second Attack • 64 (2001) • World (Arcade) • Party Edition • Atomic • Neo • Generation • Jetters • Act Zero • Live • Blast • Ultra • Live: Battlefest|
|Portable||GB 2 • GB 3 • PSP • Bomberman DS / 2 • Blitz|
|Other||Online||Online (Dreamcast) • Online (PC) • Online Japan|
|RPG||Quest • Tournament • Story DS|
|Max||Max • Max 2|
|Land||Land • Land 2 • Land 3 • Touch! • Touch! 2 • Land (Wii) • Land (PSP)|
|Mobile||Touch: The Legend of Mystic Bomb • Touch 2: Volcano Party • Dojo|
|Collections||Collection (GB) • Collection (PC) • Collection Vol. 2 • Hudson Best Vol. 1|
|Spin-Off||Pocket • Robo Warrior • Blaster Master Boy • Wario Blast • Panic Bomber • Hardball • Fantasy Race • Kart • Kart DX • Atomic Punk • B-Daman • DreamMix TV World Fighters|
|Canceled||Virtual Bomberman • 3DS|