|Japanese name:||マグネットボンバー (Magunettobonbā)|
|First appearance:||Super Bomberman 2|
|Video games:|| Super Bomberman 2|
Super Bomberman 3
|v • e • d|
Magnet Bomber is one of the Dastardly Bombers and is a recurring villain in the Bomberman series. He is a bad Bomber with an affinity for magnets. He wears blue armor, a blue scarf-like cape, and a magnet emblem on his helmet. His bombs are magnetically attracted to Bomberman.
He appears to be a human Bomber-Cyborg, given the ability to plant bombs like Bombermen. In every one of Magnet Bomber's appearances, he has always been the first boss to be taken down.
At some point in the past, he was involved in a plot on planet Phantarion, led by Brain Bomber, in which the Dastardly Bombers fought against the world's army and severely wounded Max before being forced back.
In Super Bomberman 2, he and the rest of the Dastardly Bombers captured White Bomberman and put him a prison cell in Magnet Bomber's base. Bomberman awoke in the dungeon and fought his way through the base to a final showdown with Magnet Bomber himself. Defeated, Magnet Bomber fell to Earth alongside the wreckage of his ship.
He returned in Super Bomberman 3, revived by Bagura, his master. Taking control of the First Star, he challenges White Bomberman and Black Bomberman and is defeated again. He later returns to battle in the combined mecha at the end of the game, but again he is bested and left inside Bagura's exploding Battleship.
They returned to Phantarion many years later in Bomberman Tournament to follow through with the same old plot, but with revised plans based on their previous mistakes. The plan worked, and they ruled over the planet for about one year until White Bomberman came to stop them. Magnet Bomber holds his position at Magnet Base near Beta and tried to defeat White Bomberman by fusing with the Karabon Pommy Fangs and turning into a dragon, but was defeated again. After escaping, he informs Pretty Bomber that Bomberman is heading in her direction. 
Magnet Bomber is always the first boss faced in a game featuring the Dastardly Bombers. As such, not much is known about his character. In the manual manga for Super Bomberman 3, he calls Shiro "naive" for thinking it would be easy to retrieve the computer chips.  In Bomberman Tournament, he gloats about supposedly defeating Max, when in actuality it was Plasma Bomber who accomplished that task.  He also seems surprised that Shiro managed to find him, and calls Max a "big mouth". He seems overconfident about himself and is cocky, despite his former failures.
In Super Bomberman 2, Magnet Bomber is fought face-to-face. He actively pursues Bomberman unless bombs are nearby, at which point he will focus on hiding from potential explosions until the danger is gone. His stats are as follows:
- HP - 3
- Bombs - 3
- Fire - 5
- Speed - Fast
- Weapon - Magnet Bomb
- Magnet Bomb - These bombs will magnetically attract to Bomberman if he lines up with them. However, they lose their magnetization after only seeking him once.
- Magnet Fist Rockets - While in the combined mecha in Super Bomberman 3, Magnet Bomber will launch the mecha's fists, which gain wings, to block off any bombs set south of the machine. This defense mechanism can subsequently be the team's downfall, as it prevents the mecha from performing any other attacks.
- Magnet Bomber also retains the same general abilities that the other Dastardly Bombers have: Becoming a ball of light and fusing with Karaboms.
- Iron Gigue - The giant punching robot he uses in Super Bomberman 2.
- Bakeron - Fox-like boss seen in Super Bomberman 3.
- Gattaida - The combined mecha faced at the end of Super Bomberman 3.
- Magnet Dragon - The result of Magnet Bomber fusing with Pommy Fangs in Bomberman Tournament.
- Magnet Bomber's original costume had no sleeves on his arms or legs, much like Black Bomber. He has light-colored skin.
- Magnet Bomber's eyes have been shown to be yellow in some games and artwork and white in others. His visor rim also frequently changes.
- ↑ "I heard about you from MagnetBomber. [sic]" - Pretty Bomber in Bomberman Tournament.
- ↑ "You're naive if you think it is this simple, Bomberman..." - Magnet Bomber, Super Bomberman 3 Japanese manual, pg. 7.
- ↑ "Looking for Max, are you? Hahaha! I, Magnet Bomber, have already taken care of him!" - Magnet Bomber in Bomberman Tournament
- ↑ "So, Max told you? That big mouth..." - Magnet Bomber in Bomberman Tournament.
- ↑ Super Bomberman 2 Hudson Soft Guidebook, pg. 31