Carat Diamond (alternatively Mr. Karat) is an evil magnate working with his cohort Dr. Mook in the game Super Bomberman. He was the one responsible for the money invested in the creation of their robots.
In the modern metropolis Diamond City, Carat Diamond and his cohort Dr. Mook were holding a Robot Tournament with robots specially designed for their combat and offensive capabilities. Wanting the advanced combat capabilities of White Bomberman to create evil and powerful robots, he plotted the invasion of Peace Town, as he wanted to control the small southern town. The evil duo created a fake Bomberman to go to Peace Town and kidnap the real Bomberman, but Black Bomberman, trying to stop this, faced them alone.Managing to escape after losing the battle with the imitation, as well as his castle, Black Bomberman warned White Bomberman of Carat Diamond's evil plan. Joining forces for the first time, the two Bombermen fought wave upon wave of enemy robots, until there was only one robot left. Carat Diamond and Dr. Mook, controlling that robot, confronted the bombers, but it was destroyed.
After being defeated, the building where they were fighting collapsed, making Dr. Mook and Carat Diamond try to escape. However, Diamond was caught by the White Bomberman and got punched, making him plead forgiveness. The duo hasn't been seen since then, but the game's credits imply that they were arrested and imprisoned.
- Carat Diamond and Dr. Mook are the first Bomberman villains not to be a member of the Bomberman race, usurping Black Bomberman after three games (TG-16, II, and '93) of playing the villain.
- The duo are also the ones to inadvertently cause Black Bomberman to reform into a hero, forcing him to partner with White Bomberman.
- Carat refers to a unit of mass for diamonds. His alternate name, Karat, refers to a unit of purity for gold.
- The Ballom seller from World 7 in Super Bomberman R is similar to Carat Diamond.
- ↑ Super Bomberman Japanese instruction booklet, pg. 6
- ↑ Super Bomberman European instruction booklet, pg. 4
- ↑ Super Bomberman American instruction booklet, pg. 9