|Genre:||Puzzle / Action|
| Japan: June 20, 2006|
North America: September 12, 2006
Europe: February 9, 2007
|v • e • d|
Bomberman Portable (ボンバーマンポータブル), known as simply Bomberman outside Japan, is a handheld video game for the PSP.
This is the mode where the player has to help Bomberman fight off the shadowy threat of Professor Bagura. This is quite different from the usual 2D Bomberman, because getting a power-up adds to the player's inventory, which they can equip it as they want to. This keeps the rule "one hit-dead" which Bomberman will die if hit by a bomb or an enemy unless he has a heart.
Desert World (イエローデザートせい, Yellow Desert Star) is the third. It introduces the warp quicksand, and when the player steps on it, they will travel in another area on the course. The boss is Sorcery from Bomberman Max.
Spook World (ブラックホラーせい, Black Horror Star) The place is filled with ghost themed creatures. As time passes, the screen darkens a bit. The boss is Bagura, fighting similar to his appearance in Super Bomberman 3.
Ice World (ホワイトアイスせい, White Ice Star) introduces icy floors; Bomberman can slide in a direction without changing direction. Can be sometimes deadly, especially when you want to move out when a bomb is going to blast in that lane. The boss is Bigaron.
Lava World (レッドラバーせい, Red Lava Star) features no hard blocks, but holes. Holes are impassable areas, but fire can go through. Some of the metal flooring will fall if Bomberman passes through it. The falling floors can be identified in a keen look: their color is lighter than the other tiles. The boss is Hades.
Electro World (ライトエレクトロせい, Light Electro Star) is the last of the initial levels. There are live wire panels on the floor. Standing on it will cause Bomberman to be stunned for a moment. The boss is Renji from Bomberman Max 2.
Mech World (グレーメカニカせい, Grey Mechanica Star) will arise after clearing the first seven worlds. There are several areas in the battle field covered with a smooth metal. Stay away from them, as the presses will crush enemies and you alike. The boss is Bagura and Bigaron.
Future World (ブルーチューンせい, Blue Tune Star) is a city in space and Bagura's stronghold. There will be conveyor belts here. The boss is Bagura and SkeleGuard.
バグラーせんかん, Bagura Battleship is the final world unlocked if Bomberman found the key in each of the previous worlds, otherwise the game will end after Future World with Bagura's escape. It is a crystalline landscape filled with alien technology. The final boss is Bagura and Robo Bomber.
The game's concept is similar of those of Bomberman (NES), but with updated graphics. Every 11th, 21st, 31st, and 41st level will change the battle field.
The fields are:
- Classic, but with grass covering the floor. Starts at Stage 1
- Food, the cheeses are soft blocks and cucumbers are hard blocks. Starts at Stage 11
- Lego-type theme, the single green/blue piece are hard, and the colored units are soft. Starts at Stage 21
- Garden theme, flower containers are soft, hedges are hard. Starts at Stage 31
- Water-area theme, and the last. Treasure chests are soft, statues are hard. Starts at level 41
Some enemies here are from the NES, others like green Baroms.
You can play in multiplayer, or single player. Single player allows you to compete against COM enemies. You can set up everything, or customized (like most other Bomberman games).
Here are some settings you can customize:
- Matches - set up number of wins
- Time - set up limit. When the timer is 1:00 min. left, some blocks surround the area, crushing anyone and tidying the course
- Sudden Death - when the limit hits zero, every one present will die, ending up as a tie. This is not allowed when there is infinite time
- Shuffle - allows you to set a starting position
- Skull - sets up whether burnable or not. If not burnable, the way to get rid of it is by collecting it, despite the illness
- Revenge - the killed player hovers in the battlefield's sides, throwing bombs 3 units away, or 2 (if a player is on the 2nd unit within the range)
- Standard - the classic arena
- Standard Jr. - the classic-mini arena
- Power Trip - items disabled, but built in MAX firepower, SPEED 3 and 3 BOMBS
- Items Galore - no item customize, no hard blocks, but soft blocks surrounding a pile of items
- Power Trip Jr. - mini, but same criteria in Power Trip
- Piping Hot - go through pipes. There may be surprises in there, like a bomb
- Boom Factory - regular arena but with two conveyor belts
- Bomb Benders - kicked bombs move to the direction indicated by arrows
- Pipes and Belts - combination if Piping Hot and Boom factory. Unlocked after finishing Classic Mode
- Boom Senders - kicked bombs and flames move through under the pipes
- Slip and Bang- players can only move the direction they chose, so they can't change direction unless they stopped on a wall or hard block
- On Thin Ice - the ice floor can melt if the bomb above it explodes
- Steam Stepper - geysers can lower the player's vision
- Igloo Madness - bombs set on igloos have a MAX firepower, regardless of current firepower
- Blow Me Down - fans can turn off bombs temporarily, and making it harder to walk. Unlocked after finishing Normal Mode
- Speed Freak - everyone's speed is 8, the MAX limit
- Crazy Bomb Benders - similar to bomb benders, but some arrows change their direction
- Totally Warped - warp quicksands moves the player to another warp quicksand
- On Holey Ground - players can't cross the gaps, but they allow the fire explosions
- Random - the arenas can change level to level
|Main||Bomberman • II • TG-16 • Arcade • '93 • Mega/'94 • Super Bomberman (2 • 3 • 4 • 5) • Saturn Bomberman (Fight!!) • Wars • 64 • Hero • 64: The Second Attack • 64 (2001) • World (Arcade) • Party Edition • Atomic • Neo • Generation • Jetters • Act Zero • Live • Blast • Ultra • Live: Battlefest|
|Portable||GB 2 • GB 3 • PSP • Bomberman DS / 2 • Blitz|
|Other||Online||Online (Dreamcast) • Online (PC) • Online Japan|
|RPG||Quest • Tournament • Story DS|
|Max||Max • Max 2|
|Land||Land • Land 2 • Land 3 • Touch! • Touch! 2 • Land (Wii) • Land (PSP)|
|Mobile||Touch: The Legend of Mystic Bomb • Touch 2: Volcano Party • Dojo|
|Collections||Collection (GB) • Collection (PC) • Collection Vol. 2 • Hudson Best Vol. 1|
|Spin-Off||Pocket • Robo Warrior • Blaster Master Boy • Wario Blast • Panic Bomber • Hardball • Fantasy Race • Kart • Kart DX • Atomic Punk • B-Daman • DreamMix TV World Fighters|
|Canceled||Virtual Bomberman • 3DS|